Now that Jack is finally home after being away for over a month, we would like to make
somewhat of an attempt to thank everyone for all they have done for us. While it would be
futile to try to list all the names of everyone, we can at least list all the different and amazing WAYS that people have helped us.
So, thank you to all our family, friends, neighbors, work colleagues and church for the tremendous support.
Here we go:
- phone calls
- Facebook posts
- innumerable cards, toys, books, balloons, silly bands, movies and stuffed animals
- two signed letters from famous people: E. Gordan Gee, President of the Ohio State University and Bill Conley, Head football coach at Ohio Dominican University
- many, many hospital visits
- gift baskets for our trip to Duke Hospital which included snacks, drinks, toys, books, Visa gift cards and a restaurant gift card
- donations to paws4people
- money for dog food for CAYLIE
- babysitting Jack so Lisa and I could go out to eat
- staying overnight with Jack so Lisa and I could get a break together
- mowing our lawn for us while we were away
- cleaning our house for us while we were away
- a Sony eReader that allows you to download and store books electronically
A special thanks to all the doctors and nurses at Duke Hospital that took such great care
of Jack while we were there, especially Dr. Gerald Grant.
A VERY special thanks to the nurses and therapists on 4th floor Levine that have always taken such great care of Jack. Many were there when Jack first arrived from PICU back in 2005. Also, thank you to Dr. Colleen Wunderlich and Dr. Maureen Nelson for their superb care, as always, of Jack.
Here are some pictures from the last few days.
Natalie, CAYLIE and Jack
Ella and Jack
Teresa, Lisa and Jack
Tara, Jack and Tracy
Jack and Dr. Wunderlich
Ann and Jack
Jack, Baker and Kina
Kristin, Jack and Jennifer
Robin (aka Mrs. Robinson) and Jack
Teresa, Robin, Jennifer, Jack and April
Kelly and Jack